Raw Bar Shucker – Nantucket
This is a summer seasonal position at 167 Hummock Pond Road, Nantucket, Massachusetts.
Our shellfish shuckers, are the life blood of our establishment. All shuckers must be highly proficient with multi tasking and shucking large volumes of shellfish. Clean presentation, in conjunction with professional speed, is required. During service, the shucker greets and engages with the guests, and must be able to answers guests’ questions. Our shuckers are responsible for basic food preparation and kitchen help. 167 Raw provides raw bars at our fish market, private events, and the Cisco Brewery. The expectation is to be available for all areas of 167 Raw. The shucker will understand and follow food handling and safety standards.
- Full time, seasonal position
- Staff housing is offered to employees
- Weekly pay
- Hourly compensation, and portion of the tip pool
- Shucks at least 12 oysters in 90 seconds time
- Full availability and flexible schedule
- Able to work on their feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50+lbs